Guro Mike Milikin
Berdugo Martial Arts Center
Guro Mike Milikin started his journey in martial arts in 1993 studying Ryu-Kyu Kempo in Cincinnati, Ohio. After a few years, he realized that while it was a solid art, the style did not connect with his personality so he moved to St. Louis to finish his degree in Biology. Mike spent the following years visiting various schools hoping one day to find one that would connect with him. He found it in Oregon, where he met GrandMaster Mike Bowers.
“I knew after just a few minutes of talking with Grandmaster Bowers that I had found the instructor that could give me exactly what I had been looking for.”
That meeting was early in 2003. Since then Mike has studied Kombatan Presas Style exclusively under Grandmaster Bowers.
“I found this art as a way to develop my fighting skills. I was given the tools to far exceed any expectations I ever had in this respect. What I truly recieved was the ability to develop my heart and look within myself. I was able to develop absolute compassion. I am eternally grateful.”
Mike is a Jack of all trades musician who loves dogs and the beach, his family, and his jeep.
Sir Mike Milikin honors include
- 2009 - Became Program Director under Grandmaster Bowers for Berdugo Martial Arts Center - North American Headquarters Kombatan Presas Style
- 2009 - Received 2nd Dan (lakan dalawa) from Grandmaster Bowers
- 2007 - Inducted into Phillippine Martial Arts Hall of Fame under Grandmaster Bowers
- 2007 - Attended 11th International Philippine Martial Arts Federation Training Camp in Hinigaran, Negros Occidental
- 2007 - Recieved 1st Dan (Lakan Isa) from Master Mike Bowers
- 2006 - Asked to assisted Master Bowers in Kombatan at Mt. Hood Community College
- 2005 - Attended 10th International Philippine Martial Arts Federation Training Camp in Hinigaran, Negros Occidental
- 2004 - Asked to accompany Master Bowers to perform a demonstration for the Philippine reunion of Clark Air Force Base